[Farmall] subsoiler

Arthur Umland artsd at aol.com
Sat Aug 6 19:08:42 PDT 2005

While attending a local threshing show today at Lennox, SD I observed a
subsoiler on display. Checking around I found both an IHC mark and a
P&O mark on the equipment, so it is fairly old. It has a tractor hitch
and a trip lever arrangement on the wheel like you would find on a
plow. No identifying name was on the display, but later I found a
bulletin board where it was listed for sale. I found the owner and
inquired about the cost, but was rather shocked when he suggested
$350.00. He said he had seen a JD model sell for $500 recently.

I was thinking some where in the $100.00 range, but was amazed by the
$350.00 asking amount. Can anyone tell me what might be a reasonable
price based on auction or sale prices that you have seen?

I would not mind having the subsoiler for display, but would also like
to use it to run about 250 feet of electric wire from my house to the
pole shed I had built a couple of years ago.
      Regards,
                           Art