[AT] OT:Musta been the lightning

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 05:52:54 PDT 2005

I think the local NAPA stores are privately owned but
are NAPA franchisers.  They pay or agree to carry the
line to get the name & national advertising.

O'Reilly started in Springfield, MO.  I think it's the
more of the walmart model, but I don't think ALL
stores are owned by corp HQ.  I worked in a college
parts dept in about '76 and O'Reilly was my main parts
source except for the strange and odd.  We had a lot
of army surplus, construction, ag and heavy that was
an adventure for some parts.

Bass Pro started in Springfield at about the same time
as O'Reilly.