[AT] OT:Musta been the lightning

Chuck Saunders gooberdog at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 06:12:27 PDT 2005

I too have had problems with Autozone alternators after having my ford
OEM alternator go out 3 times in 2 days(serviced at Ford first 2
times) on the road I got one in the rain in Louisville KY from
Autozone. It lasts about a year on average. I bought a waterpump from
Ford for $300 lasted 13 months, Got one at the local auto parts store
(O'Reillys) and it has ben on for 3 years now. Don't get me wrong,
it's not that I think the auto parts stores have better stuff, but I
don't think that the dealer has any better. Everything (of this
nature) I have bought from the dealer has been rebuilt stuff with a 12
month warranty. The auto parts stores are going lifetime warranty on
most stuff. I do agree that if I could get new OEM stuff I would be
more pleased but I can't imagine how much they would charge.
Chuck Saunders
Kansas City, MO