[Farmall] F-20 Connecting Rod Bearing Inserts

Daniel W. Oehmke doehmke at pressenter.com
Thu Aug 4 20:27:47 PDT 2005

Hi guys -

Trying to figure out what size bearing inserts to get for my F20
connecting rods.

My father-in-law took the crank in and the rod journals were
out-of-round, so they turned them down to 2.230.

Am not sure I'm reading the "sizes & capacities" in the I&T manual
correctly.  There's an entry for "crankshaft journal" w/a footnote that
ball bearings are used.  So this must be for the mains.  Then there's an
entry of 2.2495 for "crankpin diameter."  Is this for the connecting rod
journals?

What size bearing inserts would I need?  Also, are there shims for the
caps?

Thanks!

Dan Oehmke
Welch, MN