[Steam-engine] Canopy Stud Mount

Andre' Blanchard andre at usermail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:20:07 PDT 2005

At 03:19 PM 8/3/2005, you wrote:
>I'm in the process of putting a canopy on the Peerless and I've run into a
>problem.  The studs, which are mounted on the top of the steam dome, are
>11/16" - 11.  After a lot of searching on the Internet and local retail
>hardware shops, it appears that no one carries a nut of this size.
>
>I must be looking in the wrong shops.  Can anyone point me in the right
>direction?
>
>Thanks for the help,
>
>Paul Ward
>Lexington, OH

If all else fails MSC, and others, have a tap.
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=1895014&PMT4NO=544233

11/16-11 is a UNS size and only appears on some of the threading charts I
have.  One chart even shows 11/16-16 UNS but not 11/16-11, I believe the S
stands for special so I would guess it is not very common.
http://www.boltplanet.com/common.htm

The tap drill for a 11/16-11 tap is 19/32.