[AT] Was: Lapping Air Compressor Valves then Compressed Air Piping

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Wed Aug 3 10:16:49 PDT 2005

Charles, if you were getting BLACK water, that is not from the iron, but
rather either from the black coating, oil or carbon getting into the system.
I built the system in the shop at the ranch by using plastic piping out of
the sun and high up and galvanized steel on the drops. No rust and easy to
do. The compressor is connected with an air hose. If I had to do it over, I
might have NOT used the salvaged industrial quick-couplers as getting the
male fitting for the hoses was not as easy. But it saved a lot of money
doing it this way. I installed all of this in 1986 and it is still working
great. I have the advantage of being in a moderately dry area and so
draining the tank every few weeks seems to have been adequate so far to
control moisture...
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California