[AT] Air hose stupid attack...

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue Aug 2 18:21:07 PDT 2005

	I had to put a new matched set of 3 Vee belts on son Scott's New Idea "Cut/conditioner"
(large flail cutter / windrower) today. A previous owner had put the wrong sized belts on
it. The pully Vee's are 5/8" wide but they had put 1/2" wide belts on it and they were
running in the bottom of the grooves instead of gripping the sides. It had been slipping
at times even though they were quite tight under spring tension. Yesterday one let go and
another was about to go so I sent Diana off to find me 3 new ones. Several places could
order them but it was going to take too long. Local NAPA to the rescue. They could have
them by 7:00 AM this morning and only $42.55 for all three. As I started getting stuff
together to change them I got my little butterfly impact wrench out so I could use it on
the mile long tension spring bolt. I was not parked real close to the shop (the MTA and
the baler were sitting where I usually work) so I pulled almost all of the air hose off
of the hanger and tossed it out the door. I then started looking for the snap coupler end
and didn't see it in the pile of hose. I started kicking the pile of hose around looking
for the end but it was nowhere on the ground. After mumbling some things that shouldn't
be said in mixed company I finally found it securely attached to the air tool in my
hand... DUH!!!  I wonder if they still have another empty room out at the home...   :-)
	Sure made a big difference in the way the unit handled the tough spots of extra tall
hay.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA