[Farmall] HELP! Super A Mag is dead!

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Tue Aug 2 15:50:42 PDT 2005

All,

I have been working on my Super A for over a year now, in the process of
the cosmetic side of its restoration.  The body man I have been using is
very precise in his work and has done an excellent job, but as
previously mentioned it's taken over a year to get all the parts painted
and reassembled!  Anyway today I decided to try to start the tractor,
it's not wired save 4 plug wires.  In short I am getting no spark at the
plugs.  I did replace the cap before I started (not the rotor) and I did
the dollar bill method of cleaning up the points.  I also brightened up
the contact point on the rotor itself.  No spark whatsoever that I can
see.  Should I go ahead and replace the points and rotor?  PS The mag
was not removed during restoration, he masked it off.  So timing has not
been affected.

Help!
Al Jones