[AT] Shop thoughts (was)Air Lines

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Mon Aug 1 08:35:56 PDT 2005

Frank, I know exactly whereof you speak. I have little money to spend and
the shop shows it in the lack of massive amounts of shiny new tools. But on
the other hand when I NEED a tool I figure a way to get it - preferably used
so that someone else paid for the privilege of getting it out of the box. On
the other hand I just bought a new Makita chop saw because the Harbor
Freight one I had literally fried its motor. I did so because I need to have
it to make the money that keeps me going in the welding business.
    I cringed at buying a made in China unit and wished I could have found a
locally sold American made one, but could not find one. By the way, is there
anyone on the list here in California who has a top quality American made
vise or two they would sell to a pauper like me???? I am DEFINITELY in need
of that!
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California
p.s. I'm on as I research heirloom vegetable varieties to see if I can put
together more products to sell on the market!