[Steam-engine] Oiler injector for our Wach's

James Mackessy jmackess at twcny.rr.com
Thu Apr 21 18:40:39 PDT 2005

Rick;
     If you are using compressed air, you may want to get a pneumatic
lubricator,
that bleeds oil into the line. Regular cylinder oil won't work right for air
as it
depends on the temperature of the steam to be properly dispersed. I have an
engine that I run at home on air and at shows on steam. On steam I use a
displacement oiler, at home I use an air line lubricator, it looks like a
filter with
a small dial on it. Cylinder oil in the former, SAE 20 in the latter.
     One thing I can tell you, is there is a lot more power on steam than
there is
with air. Consequently, when the governor is adjusted to run 200 RPM on air,
she will go like a bat on steam if I don't readjust the governor. I always
run air
after a day of steaming to push the water out and to leave a good coat of
lube
on the cylinder. Good Luck with your engine!
Best Regards;
Jim Mackessy
Syracuse, New York