[Steam-engine] Oiler injector for our Wach's

Andre' Blanchard andre at usermail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:51:07 PDT 2005

Here is a web page with some info on displacement cylinder
lubricators.  It's purpose is to dispel some myths about Mccoy lubricators
(mostly who did it first) but it shows some of the different types.
http://www33.brinkster.com/iiiii/mccoy/
Another page.
http://www33.brinkster.com/iiiii/mccoy/transactions/friction-steam.html

All kinds of info from Australia.
http://www.steamengine.com.au/misc/lubrication/lubricators.html

By the way the McCoy 1872 and the one by John Sees 1863 were connected to
the cylinder and worked to some degree on pressure pulses to control how
much oil was delivered.  The harder the engine was working the more oil it
got.  I assume that the valve was lubed by the oil carried out with the
exhaust steam, this would not work very well with four valve engines like a
Corliss, as only the exhaust valves would get lubed the steam valves
quickly be in trouble.