[AT] Roto Cone? Gerbing?

seithr at denison.edu seithr at denison.edu
Sat Apr 30 19:08:28 PDT 2005

Offbeat question, but I am conually astonished at the knowledge base represented
in this list.

A while back, I bid on, and won, what was being listed as an "adjustable motor
mount" for electric motors on eBay. Looked interesting, and the price wasn't
too bad.

I just got around to opening the box (hey! I was out on sick leave much of the
fall), and the thing proves to be ENORMOUS and HEAVY. I should have asked for
dimensions.

Anyway, the words "Roto Cone, Gerbing" are cast into both ends. Anybody familiar
with what this thing really is?

I've figured out a way to use it as an adjustable motor mount, and it won't be
that tough. I'm toying with setting up a second set of power tools (I have a
shop out in the barn) for the basement when it's too cold to go outside. I
already have wmall WWII era tools (6" table saw, 3" swing wood lathe, small
drill press, 4 inch jointer, bench grinder. scroll saw) and have a spiffy 1/2
horse 3750 rpm capacitor start motor off an old Craftsman tablesaw. Also a
decent small bench that would make a good tool stand. The only thing I have to
figure out is how to reverse the direction of the motor for when I want to use
the tools on the OTHER side of the stand.

Any suggestions on either of these topics greatly appreciated.

It's 50 degrees and overcast here in central Ohio. I'm putting in cabbage and
herb plants tomorrow. The tomatoes and peppers aren't ready to go in the ground
yet, anyway. We WILL have more frosts. So they're staying the cold frame for
now.

Best,
Bob Seith
1953 Farmall Cub