[Steam-engine] Case 80 or other traction engines

Ken Majeski fuller_johnson1 at msn.com
Fri Apr 29 17:12:57 PDT 2005

Well.... I'll put in my 2 Cents worth.... When introducing the Steam
Cylinder oil into the steam flow one should do one of two things.... Either
feed the cylinder oil into the top of the steam line... Or Have a standpipe
sticking into the center of the steam line. This will insure the oil is
mixed into the steam and doesn't just dribble along the bottom of the steam
line and lay in the bottom of the steam chest only to be drained off the
first time you drain the steam chest. This Info worth exactly what you paid
for it... 2 cents...

Ken Majeski, Ellsworth Wis. Case Steam Engine, Rumely Oilpulls H, F, & R.
Website, Http://www.pressenter.com/~kmajeski/