[Steam-engine] Case 80 or other traction engines

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 11:00:40 PDT 2005

 So would a
> Madison-Kipp or
> fascimile mechanical, provide enough pressure to
> overcome the steam
> pressure?

Yes, if it is working properly.  You should check your
pump by using a pressure gauge.  I would say that the
pump needs to produce at least 125% of the boiler
pressure.  You want to use a check valve meant to be
used with a lubricator pump.  I think that these
checks are spring loaded to prevent a siphon action
from the steam moving in the pipe from sucking the
lubricator dry.

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN