[Steam-engine] Case 80 or other traction engines

Noel, Dale dnoel at trane.com
Fri Apr 29 08:34:21 PDT 2005

You can see the oil pump or lubricator at this link:
http://www.arches.uga.edu/~dseman/ <http://www.arches.uga.edu/~dseman/>

Look at the photo: parts of a Case steam engine.

The oil leaves the mechanical pump or lubricator, passes through a check
valve and enters the main body of the throttle valve.  The oil lubricates
the throttle valve, governor valve, steam valve and piston before being
discharged out with the exhaust steam.  You can usually tell if you're
lubricating properly by the milky color of the exhaust condensate.

Dale Noel

dnoel at trane.com