[Fwd: [AJD] Our 115 mile Tractor Ride is done!]

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Fri Apr 29 07:31:38 PDT 2005

It sounds like a good time.  However, once you start organizing things and
making them large, or  long in distance, the troubles start.  I'm thinking
we have less than 5 years to get this done unless you are very
wealthy.  Already rear view mirrors, slow moving vehicle signs, licensed
drivers, spacing.  Let me see?  Escorts?  Certain routes only on certain
days?  Mandatory insurance?  Permits?(the govmints will need some money for
this upsetting of traffic flow.  First the state and then federal when they
see we are going from state to state.)  And who knows what will happen as
soon as someone gets injured one of these days.  Whew!  I sure do hope I am
wrong because I have not had a chance to go on a ride yet.  I signed up for
a couple, but was too late to get in on one and my 11 mile an hour 40U was
too slow for the other.  It was mostly red tractors and they wanted 15 mph.
for traffic flow.  I'll bet some law official had a hand in that.  I was,
however, offered an H Farmall that had a slot in the ride.  I stayed home.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA