[AT] Air Tool repair??

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Apr 28 19:33:17 PDT 2005

Gene, what doesn't it do? They are REAL simple inside Just a vane motor
and some gear reduction. The impact wrenches have a free weight and pins
that cause the impacts. Usually thin paper gaskets between body parts
and a few O rings for trigger valves and such. MOST Craftsman stuff have
repair kits available if you know the correct numbers on it. I do all my
own rebuilds on my air tools unless it is Snap-On stuff (I have a repair
policy with them).

If it is just gummed up from over oiling or wrong lube you could run
some alcohol through it and then relube it.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York