[AT] WD 45?

Brad Gunnells brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Thu Apr 28 07:49:01 PDT 2005

I have a Gleaner E Combine and it has the 4 cylinder 226 cid engine in
it. I figured since I did the head last year on it (the rest of the
machine is marginal, and I probably couldn't sell it for the money I
put in the head) I'd save it for use in a WD/WD45 if I ran across one.
I think the govener/carb setup is a bit different but if you have that
from your existing one it shouldn't be a problem.

Often those combine engines have lower hours than a tractor of that
age. Mine had very little cylinder wear in it. I'd replace a couple of
seals and put in a tractor without batting an eye.

Brad

On Apr 28, 2005, at 9:08 AM, charlie hill wrote:

> Yes it should.  In fact I think most of the antique tractor pulling
> clubs allow that swap.  Look at the combine engines.  I think the D-17
> engine was used in some of the combines.
>
> Charlie
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "James Yost" <jnyost at yahoo.com>

Brad Gunnells                         |                    #
University of Iowa                    |                    ||
Information Technology Services       |       I_    ___ at ___||_____
Campus Services/ITC Technical Support |   |__ I  \ |Allis Chalmers|
Iowa City IA 52242                    |   ___\___  \ \          WC|
(319)335-5524   FAX (319)335-5505     |   * * *___|__\__________   -|
mailto:brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu        |  *     *----------------\___|
                                       | *   @   *                oo
Interested in almost anything         |  *     *                o  o
besides work!  ;^)                    |   * * *                  oo

     Web Space:  http://www.southslope.net/~gunnells/