[Farmall] Slightly OT Inter truck gearing.

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 06:23:03 PDT 2005

Make sure that you get the right type of switch.  I
don't think that an on-off switch will work.  I think
that you will need one that switches polarity.  I'm
actually thinking of installing an aux trans behing
the automatic in my Chevillac (Chevy truck w/ Cadillac
engine) because aux transmissions from old trucks are
cheap while an overdrive is BIG$$$.  I'm not really
looking to split gears with it.  I'm thinking direct
for heavy towing and O.D. for hwy and empty driving.
--- Robert Johnson <rjohnson at netcon.net.au> wrote:

> Thanks Andy !.
> First to clear up the confusion on fuel.
> We call what you call gasoline "petrol".
> We call LPG "gas",
> And diesel is diesel.
> Diesel is the most expensive of all fuel now , about
> 5+cents a litre more
> than petrol , and gas is 1/3 the price of either.
> LPG has been quite popular for many years here , it
> sure cuts fuel costs !.
> I posted to the old IHC mob , but got no reply .
> Maybe I posted in the wrong
> area !.
> But a dash mounted switch for electric change sounds
> the way to go .
> Thanks for your help .
> Rob J.

Andy Glines