[AT] WD 45?

James Yost jnyost at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 04:42:50 PDT 2005

Will a D17 block fit in a WD45? I am going to a
auction tomorrow that was a tractor junk yard. They
went out of business and they have lotSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
of parts and parts and parts and parts.

I bought my 2nd WD45 to restore last week. The engine
supposed to have been completely OH. Well completely
OH has a new meaning.

As long as you do a valve job and install new water
pump, hoses, manifold, new head gasket and valve cover
gasket you just completely OH the engine. Well at
least that was his idea of an OH.

The clutch was slipping he told me so Dumb a-s me I
did not try to start the engine of course it did not
have a battery and his wiring was not up to power
either so I just loaded it on the trailer and headed
for home.

Checked out to see which clutch was slipping and
thought I would just turn the engine over with the
crank. Well I thought I would but the engine is froze.
Pulled the head last night and low and behold there
was water in the cylinders. Does this mean it is water
cooled? (HA!HA!)

The block is cracked between the sleeves at the top
which I have been told that this will not cause a
problem. Not sure about the lower part between the
sleeves. Hopefully I will find out tonight that there
are no cracks at the bottom.

Thanks, Jim

Jim and Janna Yost
Utica, Ohio