[AT] At the John Deere dealer.

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Apr 27 09:01:25 PDT 2005

Indiana Robinson wrote:
> One of the things
> that makes the good one one of my favorites is that "everything" out for sale has posted
> prices... I detest going in a store (or even a yard sale) and asking over and over again
> "how much is this? How much is this? How much is this?... My general philosophy is "if it
> isn't priced, it isn't for sale".
That was one of my gripes about the New Holland dealership I worked at -
nothing in the "show room" was marked. I asked the part manager about
it, and his exact answer (cleaned up a little for a family list) was :
"Hey, I get here at 7 in the darn morning and work my darn butt off
until 5 at night. I don't have darn time to mess with pricing out every
single darn item in the darn front area. If you are so darn interested
in price stickers - there is the darn price gun, and be my darn guest."
He also mentioned that if you needed something, you would pay the price,
no matter what it cost. Obviously, his was not a retail mentality -
virtually all retail stores make their profit on "impulse" items, like
branded fishing lures, coffee mugs, tractor toys, and other odds and
ends that shopper had not intention of buying when they came into the
store. And customers these days expect to have things priced, in fact,
it is the law in grocery stores around here.

This was only one of many issues I had with the management of the operation.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ