[Farmall] Slightly OT Inter truck gearing.

Robert Johnson rjohnson at netcon.net.au
Tue Apr 26 18:54:09 PDT 2005

Thanks for your reply Howard , I was about to post to you personally , as I
had kept some of your old posts.
Going back in to the old "Power Farming Annual" for 1982 when this series
truck was made they did have a lot of 2 speed diffs , and the gearbox ,
whether 4 or 5 speed was a direct top , so it should handle the job ok.
What I believe is unusual is the Allison/2 speed diff setup . What I thought
I could do is use the now not needed PTO control lever for the 2 speed diff
, as it has a lockout.It would then be safe for normal use , but be
available if needed , but be hard to activate accidentally.
Am I still making sense ?.
Rob J.