[AT] Re: AT Digest, Vol 14, Issue 27

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Wed Apr 27 04:43:08 PDT 2005

>From: "Bruce Fallon" <bfallon at whidbey.com>
>Subject: Re: [AT] OT:I need some computer help please
>Probably looking for abuse, but my wife and I each have an E-Machine mine
>is
>more than 2 years old and hers is over 1 year no problems at all and way
>under $1000.
>Both of them have a DVD drive and a CD write drive.  60 Gig hard drives
>modem and network cards.

Ditto.  My computer at work started going south.  I found an Emachine at
office depot
for 499 ( -50$ rebate)= 449$

Has xp, 512mb ram, dvd/cd writer, usb 2, 70gig hd, built in v92 modem, and
10/100
network card, decent accelerator graphics card, that so far has worked
nicely with
some err.. software I shouldn't be playing on at work.  Has a celeron
processor.. but it's
on the higher end of  the celerons... 2.9ghz.. had speakers, kb and mouse
included.
Had I bought from sams.. I could have got virtually the same system, with an
amd
processor, 15" flat panel monitor, and inkjet printer., for 498$.

Came with a decent software package.. MS Works, etc.

Soudguy