[Steam-engine] Firebox door (rookie question #999,999)

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 05:39:20 PDT 2005

Jeff and James, thanks for the input.  I kind of
suspected that it had someting to do with cooling but
wasn't sure.  I've see openings on other boilers and
even coal/wood stoves and could never understand their
function.  Even SIAM's little vertical boiler has a
damper in the door.  Seems like it would be
counterproductive to ever open it almost the same
effect as opening the door all of the time..  Guess
that I worry to much.