[AT] 9N Ford running boards

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue Apr 26 11:41:33 PDT 2005

On 26 Apr 2005 at 13:34, George Willer wrote:

> Both my 9Ns have home made running boards that were on them when I bought
> them.  Since the 9/2Ns didn't have running boards originally finding a set
> will be difficult.  It is my understanding that running boards from an 8N
> will bolt right up.  Can anyone confirm that it's true?  If so, it will make
> the search much easier.
>
> George Willer

	They should but you would have to have the support bracket that bolts under the radius
rod socket too. Most after market running boards hung off of the foot pegs. The factory
set off of a TO-20 / TO-30 might fit better. They hung off of the pegs. When we bought
the new Jubilee and I was switching back and forth between the Jubilee and the Ferguson
(and an 8N and the Ferguson) I missed not having the peg support on the Fords. It was a
lot easier to brace yourself on rough ground using the peg area. The Ferguson had very
good sturdy running boards.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA