[AT] Tractor looking

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Apr 26 04:21:16 PDT 2005

> Charlie,
> Try some Speer 130Gr. hollow points instead of the 125's. They group under an inch in my Ruger M77.
>
> Phil

	Like Phil says, try a little heavier bullet, Charlie.
But when you do, be sure to try the new ballistic tip bullets
with the colored plastic tips. They shoot flatter, are a lot
more accurate and will not only cut your groups in half at
100 yards but will extend the range of that 06 with the 130
grain bullets another 100 to 150 yards without changing the
sights.

	Any improvement like this that extends the range of
my .22 Hornet from 125 yards to 250 yards should be worth
trying in that 06. The only problem I had was finding .024
bullets as my Hornet is an older model. All the new ones are
made to take .025 and most bullets on the shelves are that
size. At least they didn't change the 06 any. grins.

Cecil