[AT] Tractor looking

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Mon Apr 25 16:40:26 PDT 2005

In a message dated 4/25/2005 4:16:41 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
weeksh at bellsouth.net writes:
The last time (1969) that  I bought gas which was hand pumped into the car
from one of the old
sight  / gravity pumps was in New York south of Cooperstown.

Howard  Weeks
Harlem, GA

---------------------------------------
I was up  in the mountains in Cal one day back around 1964 we were riding
bikes at the  time. We got a little nothing of place A bar restaurant and gas
pump (hand  operated). I told my buddy that I needed to get some gas before
leaving so I  told the kid to put a gallon in the bike.  He did and I ask how much,
he  mumbled something and I said "WHAT!" He said "50 cents."  My buddy
started  laughing and wouldn't quit till we were some distance down the road. I ask
what  he was laughing about. He said "didn't you hear what he told you the
first  time". I said "No that's why I asked him again." MY buddy looked at me and
said:  "He said a DOLLAR"

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR  97361