[AJD] Mattawa, Wa. Auction results

Michael Ostrander antiquejd at fwi.com
Mon Apr 25 14:20:09 PDT 2005

Dean-
That D is one of the rarest production D's.  There were only 156 1932 D's
built.  That makes it rarer than 24" AND 26" spoked flywheel tractors.  JR
had an article a while back that discussed those tractors and his feeling
about moving some production numbers from '33 into '32.  Someone who wants a
D from every year will look long and hard for that year.  If you look at
other models, it is very rare in relation to the price.  444 GPWT over top
steers, 203 P's and those are in the $30,000 - $50,000 range.  I had
considered calling you and asking you to bid for me on that tractor but
decided transportation was too big an issue.  Sure would have enjoyed being
there and watching...
Michael