[AT] Our 115 mile Tractor Ride is done!

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Mon Apr 25 06:44:03 PDT 2005

Ted,

I wish I could remember the guy's name but I think he was from Urbana, Oh
(Jason?)... bought a separator maybe half way across the state.  Couldn't
arrange for anyone to haul it for him so he drove his tractor and towed it
home.  A John Deere D!!!  He did the math and decided he could and did do it
in two days.

A member of this list, Dot Parsons from New Zealand, wrote several accounts
of their tractor club's "treks".  They took annual trips for long distances,
originally including steamers.  They traveled the perimeter of the south
island... as I recall about 1200 Km.  Most tractors pulled camping trailers
and one pulled a rest room/shower room.  She was an interesting person and
one time owner of the famous blue handled fence pliers.

George Willer