[AT] Building

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Mon Apr 25 06:27:58 PDT 2005

Richard Fink Sr wrote:
> Hi every one i have a small problem you may be able to help me with. i
> have in the very near future plans to move. i want to put up my garage
> [shop] size will be 30x50 12 ft ceiling call as you wish. I can't decide
> weather to go with a pole building or the steel Quonset hut style. The
> price finished is close to the same but the steel i will need to erect
> and have the floor pored makes price close to same. Just don't know if i
> can handle the labor part. So come on what one is best.
> R Fink
> PA

	Richard, I'd go with the pole building. You get the same amount
of floor space but with the pole building you also get a lot of wall
space to hang things. Shelving works out better too. I also like being
able to hang things from the horizontal part of the trusses. I put in
a full length light panel across the entire back wall of mine - 6 feet
above the floor to the bottom of the plate which worked out to about 4
feet high of light panel. As long as there is light outside the building
I never need lights inside to see what I am doing.

Cecil