[AT] OT Grits explanation for Mattias

Dan Glass dglass at mail.newnanutilities.org
Mon Apr 25 03:16:55 PDT 2005

Mattias,  the truth of the matter is I have never met anyone who doesn't
like grits.  We joke about them and make fun of people who eat them, but
everyone likes them.  When someone says they don't like grits, they mean
that they have never tried them or they are not telling you the truth.
Some people are afraid to try grits because of the name. Grits sounds
like they would be little rocks ot something. If you would send me your
address I would be happy to send you some grits and you can try them for
yourself.
Grits have a mild corn flavor and can support lots of different foods.
Some people put cheese, bacon, jelly, salt, pepper, and all kinds of
things in grits.  I even have a recipe for shrimp and grits that
everyone seems to like very much.