[Ford-ferguson] Replacing PTO shaft, TO-20

potvin4312 at sbcglobal.net potvin4312 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 24 11:08:07 PDT 2005

I just changed my shaft last year. I bought a kit that was around $100. Its
comes as a complete unit, bearing and seal included. I suppose if you parked
it on an incline that it would minimize or eliminate any fluid leak. I just
put a 5 gallon bucket underneath the shaft hole and removed the old shaft.
Don't remember how much oil came out, but the bucket was more than enough to
handle it. The whole process took about an hour to complete.