Multiflora rose (was Re: [AT] OT Redbud/asparagus

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Apr 24 09:31:59 PDT 2005

I am sure the 8N could pull it out, Rob. The hard part is getting in
there to hook up the chain, as the damn thorns reach down to tear at
you. Often the trunk will just break off and leave the root. My current
technique is to back over the bush with the 6' Woods going full steam
and then drop the it down on top. It doesn't get the roots, but after a
couple of years of doing that, it doesn't come up again. The recommended
herbicide for roses is Round-Up, if you are into chemicals. If not
hacking and hauling is the next best thing. It is an endless war for me
around here; just when one patch is cleared up, another pops up where
there was none before. Goats, llamas, and even cattle will eat it, if
you are looking for a really low tech approach.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ