[AT] Tractor looking

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Apr 24 07:49:59 PDT 2005

    Charlie, when you mentioned Kanona, you were really in the big
leagues for size
of Towns in the Southern Tier, weren't you?  grins   For the benefit of
anyone else
still reading this, if you miss the old general store, you've missed it
all.

    Charlie, I don't know how long you have been going by Kanona or if
you ever
stopped there but around 1970, my hunting buddy and I stopped there to
see if
they had something to quench our thirst. What impressed me was a old
very tall
antique paymasters desk right in the middle of the store to the rear.
These things went
out of style back in the late 1700s, I think. About 7 feet tall, the
paymaster sat high so
no one could see how much money he had or where it was. His stool was a
very tall
one and they had the stool and all. Standing in front of it. my eyes
were still 6 inches
short of being able to see over the edge of his desk from the front. I'd
say the desk
was all of 6 feet wide and standard depth like any desk. Excellent
condition and a
real antique.

    Just wondering if it is still there or if you happened to see it in
the past.

Cecil