[AT] OT Redbud/asparagus

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Apr 24 06:54:01 PDT 2005

Hi Mattias,

Grits when uncooked are a course ground meal.  They are similar in size to
fine sand or course saw dust.  Some of the guys will think they are similar
in taste also.  They are made from ground or otherwise processed corn (maise
not wheat).  You cook them about the same way you cook rice.  Boil them in
enough water to cover and add salt to taste.  Then you eat them with butter
or some sort of gravy of your choice.

Poi is a brownish green slimy gruel made from ground up roots of a Tarrot
plant and apparently boiled or stewed somehow or another.  That is about all
I can tell you about it.  It looks sort of like pudding but it doesn't taste
like it.

You should  be able to find either in a web search.

Charlie