[AT] Tractor looking

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 23 17:50:41 PDT 2005

Being a wet and rainy day in WNY, I  allowed the Mrs. to talk us into "going
somewhere"...Rather than Wally World or the Wholesale Club, I steered us
South for some riding and looking.  The results:  three front yard tractors
for sale as follows:

Farmall H with WFE.  So so tires, OK sheet metal, ugly and faded repaint.
Not pretty.  Some new Hyd hoses up to the control valve by the steering
wheel.  Did not check the back for drawbar / hitch. We did a drive in, but
did not get out.  Asking $1500.00
Doris assesed this one as a beat up piece of junk.

1987 Belarus with 1 year old 6' snow blower on the 3 pt. hitch.  I think
this was the 250AS (31hp  - 2cyl. ) model having 2wd.  Paint fair.  Seat
ratty.  Like new tires all around.  Dished down hood at center where
something had been dropped on it probably. One broken headlight.  I didn't
check the hour meter, although I did get out and look this one over.  Cute
looking machine.  $5900.00 or B.O.
The Mrs. liked this one and thought I should take the phone #.  (Sorry
dear, no four wheel drive and no FE loader).

8n or 9N Ford  with read blade and a land plow.  Sheet metal OK.  Paint
showing some rust.  Don't recall how the tires looked, but they weren't new.
  Did a drive in only.  $2000.00
No comment on this one.

Drove past one other.  It was an International utility model larger than my
340.  It was sporting a new do it yourself paint job.  I usually drive past
those paint jobs because I suspect a make some fast bucks situation.

I am not in the market for any more machines now, but it is always
interesting to look.

Drove about 100 miles RT thru some very nice hill country but there is not
much green yet except lawns and willow trees starting out.  Checking out the
tractors made it a good ride.

Charlie V. in WNY