[Steam-engine] Oiler injector for our Wach's

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sat Apr 23 10:07:51 PDT 2005

Well James and Andre'..thank you very much for taking time out and helping
us with understanding steam and our Wachs!!!

   Well yesterday was as good as it gets for my friend Cork and I.  We
cruised over to Ft. Missoula, Mt. yesterday where a Case 80 was starting to
steam up.  Marvin ? an 80 year old steamer took us under his wing for over 6
hours explaining very clearly what was happening.  He'll run a sawmill today
and cut up some cedar.

   He removes his water injectors and whistles every time he leaves it
un-attended for extended periords of time to prevent theft.  Anyway he
disassembled a water injector and showed us how it worked, then installed it
and injected some water..very kewl!!!  Took us through the rest of the Case
and of course we got to build up the fire and even clean out the flue
tubes..part of being an apprentice I guess :-))  Marvin has also installed a
duplex pump (is that a Steam Lizard?) but couldn't get it to work, so we
dropped that subject.  It's certified for 125 but only put her up to 80 for
us to see the working parts and it was fantastic.   Once again 1 picture is
worth  1000 words.

  From two 60 year old kids...that got to blow the whistle!!!

Rick and Cork in Montana