[AT] Any old farmer tricks for fixing tire leaks?

james deardorff jdeardorffsupct at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 12:47:29 PDT 2005

/Dear Phil,

Each year I sandblast a number of wheel rims for
antique tractors. In many cases I find deep pitting
and rusting on the inside of these rims (where the
intertube sets).  This can cause the tube to
deterioate quickly and leak.  Recently, I started
applying two brush coats of POR-15.  This seems to
provide a clean smooth surface that helps keep the
intertube in good shape. This also seems to help seal
the tire to the rim.

Jim Deardorff