[Farmall] M - Tricycle Wheel Spacing

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Apr 22 04:30:41 PDT 2005

Sorry, Roberto, but a loader works just as well on a narrow front
tractor as a wide front, and for the same reasons. In fact, the front
end of a narrow front tractor is considerably stronger than the one on a
wide front, and the tractor is considerably more maneuverable. A big
advantage for me when installing the 1701 loader on my 706 was that I
could drive right through the frame to mount it!. The stability of a
wide front over a narrow one is a myth, but I will agree that a wide
front tractor rides a little better over a rough surface (like my lane
before I graded it level last month).

See: <http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_706_tractor/ns-6.html>

Mike

Roberto Rivero wrote:

>   But how is this tractor equiped???? is a tricycle?? is a narrow or is a
> wide front????
>   Sorry may be i did not understand all the posts, but if the tractor is
> equiped with a front loader, a wide front end is needle for a lot of reasons
> (some of them were posted here).

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an
injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are
aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily; and why older
persons, especially if vain or important, cannot learn at all. -Thomas
Szasz, author, professor of psychiatry (1920- )