[AJD] Bought AR 253149 Lasts Night

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 21:33:51 PDT 2005

    I managed to scratch the I need another tractor
itch last night.   In the moring I looked at a BR,
but I decided it was tougher than what I want to work
on right now.  In the evening I headed over to a local
two cylinder club members house and looked over an AR
that he has been trying to sell.  You may have seen it
on Ebay about 3 months ago.

     We came to agreement on a price.  It is worse off
than I remembered from the first time I looked at it,
but I did buy it.  Birdsnest in the gas tank,  stuck
motor,  wrong seat,  cut offs and all.  The serial
number is 253149,  my AO is 252268.  Since my pickup
is still inthe shop getting a new transmission,  I
won't get to haul it home for a few weeks.

     I am going to go to the auction in Eastern
Washington that was advertised in the Green Magazine
on Saturday,  not really anything there I am too
interested in,  but if I don't get then it will be
another buyers delight like the Postma Brothers
auction was.   If I show up,  then I am sure things
will sell for far more that I will pay.

      I put some pictures in my Yahoo Briefcase under
the John Deere heading,  in the 1936 AR folder.  Let
me know if the link works.

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/jdnut

                     Chris