[AT] OT Redbud/asparagus

James West jameswest2500 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 19 05:19:03 PDT 2005

Well while on the subject of Germany. I have spent much time there, my
Mother is from Germany and we go over all the time. I should be there right
now but could not make it this year.

Here's where farming comes in. My favorite time to be in Germany is the end
of April to First part of May, on the last day in April in all the towns and
villages all the people bring anything that will burn, like trees your have
trimmed old wood and so on. They make a hugh pile and on the top they place
a homemade witch. Then at dark the pile is set ablaze, the bands plan, the
brats are cooked, and the bier tent is open for business. It's a really good
time. The idea comes from way back when, the bottom line is they are burning
the evil sprits to make way for the new planting season.

If I am not there on April 30th then we do it here at my place, lots of fun.
it called Wicth night or in Germany   Hexe Nacht

Jim