[AT] WD/WD45 Intermediate Gear Removal

Will Powell william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Tue Apr 19 07:00:23 PDT 2005

Hello;

I am attempting to remove the PTO intermediate drive gear from an old
WD45 transmission housing. I then need to take the gear and place it
into a WD.

I remember reading that removal of the gear can be done without
splitting the tractor.

I have removed the hydraulic pump, the PTO gear housing and the shaft
set screw.

Now what? I have attempted to place a small amount of pressure with a
screw driver between the Thrust washer and the Shaft, but it is not
budging. How do I remove the Shaft?

Any suggestions are welcome.

I have received one suggestion from allischalmers.com.

" Stick a small screwdriver where the set screw was removed and start
prying the shaft towards the hydraulic reservoir."

Will that be enough pressure to move the shaft forward, and, will the
gear drop out if the shaft does come out?

Regards;

Will Powell
Pottstown, PA