[Farmall] Need Plugs, Wires for F12

Karl Olmstead olmstead at ridgenet.net
Mon Apr 18 13:13:41 PDT 2005

A couple of important details.  You need to use copper core wire, not the
RFI suppressed carbon core stuff.  And most of the kits sold at the auto
parts stores do not have long enough wires for an F-12.  The wires on the
F-12 begin at the magneto's distributor, run through a conduit behind the
engine, then forward to the spark plugs.

I've found it easiest to fabricate the wires using components from the John
Brillman Company:

http://www.brillman.com/main.html

I chose the pretty yellow covered wire, but I've seen evidence that the F-12
actually came with black ignition wires.

I suspect that you could find wiring kits on the http://www.ytmag.com site
also.

And in case you aren't familiar with the F-4 magneto, full UP on the lever
on the points cover grounds the points and shuts off the magneto.  Down on
the lever advances the spark.  The point gap needs to be 0.013 inch.

-Karl