[AJD] GP Skid Rings/CHINA

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Sun Apr 17 20:09:08 PDT 2005

Have you had camel paw or duck feet to eat?  The rice gives you the
opposite problem that you would expect from being in a foreign country.

I know what you mean about the discos and traffic.  When our group
traveled on buses, I thought of the song by the Who "Magic Bus".  Hoping
to get to where we were going, alive and in one piece, and then back.

I noticed when we were there; the construction of large/tall buildings
were of concrete.  There isn't much, if any steel in those buildings.
That may have changed in the past 10 years.  Epically after that big
earthquake.  People in my group remarked that if an earthquake were to
strike, there would be a lot of devastation, and there was when it
happened.

Have you seen the power plant outside of Beijing?  They take the fly ash
right out the back and dump it. Try doing that here.

Lou