[AJD] The I need another tractor bug has bit...

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 21:36:17 PDT 2005

Howdy all,

   Not that I have returned from California after
sending my wife off,   I am home and even though I
have far more projects that I really need,  I of
course,  seem to think I need another tractor or two..

   Presently I am considering (in no paticular order)
a 1936 AR,  with round spoked wheels,  very much like
my 1936 AO,  and pretty close in serial numbers.  It's
complete, pretty decent shape, but stuck.

    A 1936 BR,  early enough that it has not petcocks.
 has cut down rears with one bad rim,  no fenders,
but will run,  and has an extra wheel to go with it.

     A 1939 B,  just a plain old tricycly B,  Early
styled,  cute little thing,  not sure why I want it.

     and possibly an AN High Clearance,  Dean just
brought it out of Oregon,  so I might swing by his
place and see what it looks like up close.

      As it sits the AR is overpriced I think,  for a
tractor that is stuck,  but it's all there and pretty
nice,  and I could use a pattern for the fender
brackets for my AO.

      The BR,  well,  It's priced ok,  but I hate
working on wheels,  but,  then again it's a BR.

       The AN and the B are just things that I would
pick up if the price makes it reasonable,  as it site
I can probably afford two of them.  I'll try and get
out and take pictures of the AR, BR and B,  you have
seen the A if you have looked at Dean's pictures...

       I am guessing the BR is the most valueable of
the bunch...

       After reading Greg's article in GM today I
guess I should not whine too much on price..  perhaps
I should just invest in more parts and paint for what
I already own...

                Chris