[AT] OT Redbud/asparagus

Roger Welsch captneb at micrord.com
Sun Apr 17 13:06:53 PDT 2005

You can pretty much count on the morels appearing when the lilacs bloom,
George.  They operate on the same photoperiod (I am told by those who know
such things).  And that sure is the case this morning...lilacs blooming,
morels popping up in the yard.  Friend Bob the Cop is down in our river
bottoms checking to see how things are doing there and he's been gone a long
time, so either he's doing well or the ticks have carried him off.  Around
here (Central Plains) asparagus and morels appear pretty much the same time,
so I'd bet the asparagus is about ready too.  I've never gotten the stuff to
the pot.  It is so good raw, I eat it all before I get it to the kitchen.

Happy hunting!