[AT] IH H questions

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Apr 17 03:31:26 PDT 2005

I could be wrong, but I believe the 20 amp fuse was for the lighting
circuit, so you aren't missing anything. I had an H without lights, and
there was no place for either a fuse or a switch in the control box. The
copy of the parts manual that I have doesn't have a wiring diagram for
an H without lights.

Mike

JAHaze at aol.com wrote:
> The weather here in Michigan has been about as good as it can get, althought
> it will soon be too dry to grow anything.  Never-the-less, I spent a little
> quality time with my Farmall H since it has been sitting idol since last fall
> when the starter decided to quit.  I had it rebuilt this week, and the old girl
> (dubbed "big foot"), started right up.  However, I do have one question.  In
> my quest to track down a grounding problem, I noticed that inside the control
> panel there is a place for a fuse in the switch controler.  What size fuse goes
> here, and what is it for?  There are no lights on this tractor, and no real
> evidence that there ever was.  Everything seems to work fine without it, but
> maybe I'm missing out on some other thrill by not having a fuse in there?
>
> Enjoy, Joe

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an
injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are
aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily; and why older
persons, especially if vain or important, cannot learn at all. -Thomas
Szasz, author, professor of psychiatry (1920- )