[AT] Getting along with things

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Apr 16 04:46:17 PDT 2005

	Maybe not the best title for this but it will have to
do. I haven't been on the computer much lately but hope to be
more active in the future.

	Thought I'd relate a tractor story this morning. One of
my wife's salespeople sold a real estate parcel last week and
I got a message from them that the seller had a barn with an old
tractor and some other stuff in it he wanted to sell. I asked
what the tractor was and all they knew is it was supposed to be
an old Farmall and the seller thought it was from back in the
1930s. So, I did the right thing and went to take a look at it.

	I was not surprised to find out when they unlocked the
barn and I got in there, that it was a 1959 Farmall Cub with a
mounted sickle bar mower, hydraulics, snowplow/grader blade and
a dirt plow as well as spare parts and so on. I was also not at
all surprised to see that someone had apparently dropped a tree
across the hood or that the grille was missing. Good tires all
the way around. No oil leaks - front or back - all original lights
were there including the one on the rear. The hydraulics were
hooked up and looked as though they had been working from the looks
of the control. The battery was completely dead so I couldn't
start it up but someone had driven it in there so it looked OK.

	There was also a Vespa scooter, Troy Bilt tiller, garden
tractor with a mower and a bunch of tools and things. I told the
real estate salesman to pass along word that the seller should put
a price on the Vespa and the "old tractor" and let me know what
he said.

	Is anyone at all surprised to hear that the owner's son
had decided he "might be interested in the tractor"?  Oh well,
such is life. I thought I had another "gimme".

	I can tell you that just going to look at this barn and
what was in it was a better tonic for me than two weeks of rest
and recuperation and I feel a lot better for it. grins

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson