[Farmall] Sickle Bar Mower Question

Paul Bazzetta bazzetta at execpc.com
Sat Apr 16 04:44:52 PDT 2005

Have you tried your IH dealer?  I am always amazed at wht they still have
available.

-PB
SE Wiscosnin

Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:01:54 -0400
From: Carlton Houston <ledskof at alltel.net>
Subject: [Farmall] Sickle Bar Mower Question
To: farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com

Hi All,

I am wondering about where I should start in trying to find replacement
teeth/blades for my sickle bar mower.  I know you must be able to find
pitman arms, etc, but I don't quite know how to even identify the parts
in a good enough way to actually order them.

My mower runs on my 52 Super A.  I am planning to work on the thing this
weekend.  If I dismantle the existing blades, are there numbers or any
such identification on them, or are they an eyeball replacement part
from TSC?  I apologize for asking dumb questions with so little
background information, but I have so little time when I do get to play,
I want to ask first.  Maybe it'll help me get more done...

As always, I appreciate you guys offering your wisdom and wit.

Regards,
Carlton Houston
Summerville, GA

End of Farmall Digest, Vol 12, Issue 14