[AT] More on Rebuilds

Ken Hough k4sb at niia.net
Fri Apr 15 12:10:32 PDT 2005

Hi folks,
Quite a few answered my plea for help. Thanks. Unfortunately
no one answered my questions. This engine is in a 1917 Duplex 4 wheel
drive truck. It appears to be the same Buda engine found in tractors of
that vintage:
We are oversizing the cylinders .040 to remove damage It turns out there's
a GM piston that has the same wrist pin to top distance and are available
.040 over.
1.Has anyone used these?
2.Has anyone had custom rings made while using original sized pistons in
an over sized bore?
3.How important is the bottom ring?
4.Is the bottom ring a guide or an oil ring?

Please answer if:
A. You have done a 4 cylinder BUDA rebuild
B. helped on a 4 cylinder BUDA rebuild
C. Know someone with this vintage BUDA engine
So not to clog up the mailing list reply here>>k4sb at niia.net
Subject> BUDA Engine
Thanks a lot, Ken
Oliver 70 Owner